Saturday, March 28, 2009

IST 195- Week 8 Post


If I'm planning on running a company, a web site is a near necessity. Especially if I'm trying to run a small business, having a website would make it much easier to compete with larger companies trying to make the perfect pillow. And where do you get a web site? By registering a domain name through a company like the infamous GoDaddy.

So I did some research. I wanted to see if "www.catchsomezees.com" was available, but alas, it had already been taken by some enterprising entrepreneur. However, "catchzees.com" was available. And for the low low price of $6.45 a month!

This week's lecture explained that a domain name is just an alias for an IP address, and that there's no difference between a .com and a .net or .org. However, for name recognition, everyone seems to prefer a .com over another option.

So when i went looking for a domain name to start my comany's web site, a .com was exactly what I was looking for. CatchZees.com will be the go-to destination for all your cooling pillow needs!

...


(on a somewhat related note, you'd think that GoDaddy would do a better job of Photoshopping their spokesmodel...seriously, I could do a better job)

No comments: