Wednesday, February 25, 2009

IST 195- Week 5 Post


This week in class we learned about different kinds of operating systems, such as Unix and Linux. I had heard of Linux before, being somewhat of a computer geek myself (It didn't help that an online comedy troupe I love called LoadingReadyRun parodied the system in one of their videos), but never Unix.

Unix might be able to help me make queries in a larger database that Windows or Mac OS wouldn't be able to handle. This would be helpful if my pillow selling business expands beyond just a small business.

As my company might grow, the database from which I would need to operate from would only grow larger. Eventually, it would be beneficial to learn a programming language for something like Unix or SQL, so that I might be able to run database queries in another OS should the need arise.

No comments: